Picture
Good day! Today is a very sunny day. I have done some online shopping today and am awaiting my package of essential oils, can't wait. As always, being scientifically-trained and working in a scientific environment, I have to express my excitement about this kind of thing at home or by blogging, as, well there just isn't much evidence for the efficacy of essential oils! Today I am excited though, because on Monday I will get a shipment including clove oil and Easy Air essential oils. What do I hope will happen?:

1. I hope that putting clove oil drops on the back of my tongue will help me eat less! There are sites that recommend what oils to try for specific health concerns, do an internet search and you will find many. I decided on clove, after checking out a few links (EE, PTSD, aromatic science, the Cochrane Collaboration, and protocolled). There is also a mobile app MDO pro that I bought for $13. All three sites listed clove as one option that may work. I was inspired that this might help me change my habit of reaching out for food so often for comfort or cravings (same behaviour that drives other bad habits like smoking).

Look, am not easily swayed my marketing and I watch my money. That is why my own research into weight loss led me to the simplest way to lose weight:  which is to calculate your daily energy requirement (can do here at this free Australian government website) in KJ or calories (divide KJ by 4.2 to convert to calories). From experience, I advise if you are overweight to put in your ideal weight, and also select sedentary lifestyle unless you are an athlete (don't know why, but any other category spits out too many calories, as I found through trial and error). If you eat that amount of food (look on labels to figure out how many calories you are eating, or look on free calorie count websites like calorieking.com.au - there are many), you should lose weight. Have a scale at home and at the office to remember to check your weight regularly. If you are not losing weight, then just reduce your intake by another 100 calories until you are losing the weight you want. However, this doesn't always work in practice so easily. Or it may work at certain times of your life, and not so well at other time when you are busy (like me currently) or your life has issues. I know how to lose weight easily, and as I write this I am reminded how easily I did it in the past, but this time, due to my circumstances, I am just looking for help because I can't seem to stop those extra snacks that are actually adding up to 900 calories per day more than I know I should be eating! I should be eating 1700 calories per day, and I am eating 2600. Horrendous. I truly hope the clove essential oil will have some effect.

2. Me, my hubby and my daughter have been coughing for over 2 weeks, a dry hacking post-viral cough after we caught colds. I hope the laurel leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, lemon, revensara etc blend will finally get rid of the coughing.  We are using asthma puffers, gargling with salt and betadine, resting, drinking water, but this cold strain this year is tougher than usual, so I am trying something extra. Here's hoping.

I am a scientist, and I know the evidence-based literature -  I know there is not a lot of proven evidence for using essential oils. But, I was heartened today by one review in the Cochrane Library that contains some evidence, from a trial of 61 patients, that lavender oil: Aromatic lavender essential oil applied by acupressure may reduce subjective pain intensity and improve lateral spine flexion and walking time compared to untreated participants (low quality evidence). No significant adverse events were noted in the included trials. For the full review  Click Here.  And I know that a lot of people use essential oils for headaches, migraines, citing that these oils often help them stay well and deal with these health concerns quickly. This is a huge industry, as can be see in any report of the health and wellness industries. So despite the lack of evidence, why do people use essential oils, and those who use them, what makes you feel that oils are definitely worth the money. I would love to hear your comments and stories!

Have a good day. I believe in a world that is improving, and where people smile a lot and feel really well!

Comments

Today I am excited though, because on Monday I will get a shipment including clove oil and Easy Air essential oils. What do I hope will

10/12/2015 6:28pm

Ready to be amazed?? Read all about how we naturally minimized my husband's pain and swelling after breaking his foot in two places.

10/12/2015 6:28pm

16/01/2016 2:22am

Going back on substances that are used in the natural treatment of depression, these herbal medications as evaluated and prescribed by your doctor may prove even more safe and effective. What needs to be ensured, however, is that your doctor is made aware if you are taking other drugs or medication as these may have different, even dangerous, reactions with any herbal medicine used for depression.

04/03/2016 2:24am

Actually you know? I usually use EOs and can't deny their very best impact. Don''t really know if it works as you really or not but I believe in EOs. Thanks for sharing this and please tell me if EOs can be worth for those kinds of problem.

Dee
05/03/2016 7:30am

Thank you so much for your Comment Gladys. I wrote this post a while ago now and yes I have found EOs very useful. The clove did not end my habit of emotional eating; I am still working on that tackling it with numerous tools, but peppermint EO and wild orange EO ended up being very helpful as part of he dealing with emotional eating, more so than clove. Clove EO ended up being very useful for warts, combined with lemon and oregano! It is not as fast as getting them zapped with liquid nitrogen at the GP office but I treated a wart 20 years ago from sailing on my hand that way and still have an ugly scar/loss of pigment from that. Lemon alone was too slow for me, but when I added clove, wow, it disappeared within three weeks, and I knew it was working because it started shrinking noticeably the second day. And the Breathe essential oil is amazing, yes. The colds I referred to in my blog really did need antibiotics in the end, but the breathe (and even better I think and a lesser cost oil is Cypress) as a decongestant just to feel better during a cold, and using it daily for one week every month to clear sinuses to avoid the congestion and sore throat that often leads to getting a cold. During that week, I also Ise that with an oil that stops viruses, bacteria and fungi from replicating. We have not had any colds since that post, missed out on getting any summer colds completely (we are in Australia) and I feel the EOs are better as prevention. They didn't cure the very bad colds we had last winter, definitely not, but as far as prevention of colds, I feel they work. I use EOs for so many things now, that I have started a business promoting them, I just think they are such great value, versatile and just really affordable, I try an EO for most wellness issues first, and only move on to something more expensive if the EO doesn't work. And I have read many aromatherapy text books since then, and have written a free eBook to promote my business and help people get started with learninf about EOs. If you would like to visit my free ebook site it is at www.rejuvenation-business.com

Dee
05/03/2016 7:35am

Just to clarify my comment on needing antibiotics in the end for my cold last winter, Colds are caused by viruses and antibiotics kill bacteria, not viruses. The cold must have had a bacterial component to it.

18/06/2016 6:49am

Nice article you have shared. It is indeed a nice get and touch up. If you need any beauty and health oriented tips don't forget to visit our site amstelzijdekliniek.nl. We are always ready to help.

07/07/2016 10:08pm

Have a good day every day too ;)

30/07/2016 6:56am

Is it safe to use essential oils all the time?

30/07/2016 10:14am

The best book on essential oil safety is by Robert Tisserand's. Best to read a book on essential oil safety before using them "all the time". Essential oils should be diluted with a carrier oil to avoid sensitivity reactions. Sensitivity can occur with repeated use over time too, so dilution is important.

Fine Print. Give careful consideration to any fine print. You would prefer not to unconsciously be hit with surprising expenses or shrouded charges. There are such a variety of fair loan specialists available that you ought to avoid those making la-la-land guarantees while hoping to dupe you also. Discover to what extent they have been doing business and search for proposals on online group release sheets or different discussions.

You have to take after a few stages while making a credit contract application. Above all else, the individual who needs to get cash needs to get a gesture for standard sum from a loan specialist before selecting the home loan property.

This guarantee secures the bank to give you a credit. On the off chance that you can't pay back, they will take your security. Unsecured credits does not utilize any guarantee for security. The bank adjusts high hazard with high financing cost in the unsecured advance.

18/10/2017 11:31pm

Once I am experiencing dull out of my entire life time to find several colors within my personal life. I go to this website, below would be the pleasure and the stuffs of entertainment are existing.

30/10/2017 6:18pm

I'm grateful to this particular site to provide knowledge to me about my subject of function. In addition, I desire to earn some add-on with this particular particular platform that needs to maintain knowledge.

03/11/2017 12:09am

There are such a variety of loan specialists that are fair available that you ought to avoid while hoping to mislead you also those making warranties. Discover to what extent they've been conducting hunt and business for tips on on-line group release various discussions or sheets.

Excellent and nice article. when user want to get important information then visit our site.

22/11/2017 2:30am

Excellent posts to read keep it up and keep going on this way. And keep sharing these types of things Thanks
Waiting for the next post.

22/11/2017 3:03am

Thanks your post it really so helpful......

"essential oils", "get over flu quickly"," improve digestion", "improve sleep"," joint pain", "knee joint pain", "overcome depression", "happiness", "healthy lifestyle", "improve immune system", "strengthen immune system","healthy living", "rejuvenation", "anti-ageing products", "anti-aging solution", "depression treatment","treatment for depression","treatment resistant depression", "postpartum depression treatment", "treatment of depression", "treatment for postpartum depression", "natural treatment for depression", "best treatment for depression", "depression natural treatment", "depression self treatment","alternative treatment for depression", "holistic treatment for depression", "treatment for depression and anxiety", "anxiety and depression treatment", "good health natural products", "good health", "good mental health", "natural healthcare store", "natural health store", "natural health remedies", "natural health supplements","ear ache treatment", "home treatment for ear ache", "ear ache remedies", "home remedy for ear ache", "earache", "earache treatment", "earache remedies", "home remedy for earache","what to do for depression","migraine relief", "migraine treatment", "how to get rid of a migraine", "migraine remedies", "migraine home remedies", "best migraine medicine", "migraine prevention", "how to stop a migraine", "migraine meds", "migraine treatments","all natural health","all natural beauty","help", "help me", "how to feel happy", "how to feel happy when depressed", "how to feel more happy", "how to be happy", "how to be happy again", "remedy for grieving"